In this article , I will show you How to add Product and Catagories management in Prestashopw
Including product and product Catagories
The base of the Webnexs prestashop site is its Catalog, which includes products and product Categories. Building and upgrading your schedule is the main way you will make your website live in the customer’s eyes. It’s a reality in your store, creating content and giving you value for your online shopping
Adding products does not only mean including an image and some text, and then authenticating your content. It means recognizing your product by heart: price, weight, size, features, specifications, details, manufacturer, supplier and so much more. You should not create including products to your Category without knowing exactly what you want to offer to the customer, and thus need to have a set plan about your products and the way they will be shown. It also means identifying your shop’s Front Office like the back of your hand in order to properly fill in the required fields.
In the heart of your shop, your list is great for your attention.
You can access the “Catalog” section by clicking on the tab with the same name. Your Webnexs is the place where you handle all your products on the prestashop site.
The first page under the “Catalog” tab refers to the subpage of the homepage and the featured products on the homepage.
In the “Categories” section, you can form different product types using the “Add New Subtotal” function. It regulates your articles and helps your customers effortlessly find what they’re looking for. All segments are considered sub-sections of the home page.
Build a Category
To build a category, select the “Add new sub category” button and fill out the form.
First, give your category a name, and then find out if it’s “displayed” (that is, whether it’s accessible to your customers or not). For example, you may want to postpone exhibiting a new category to your customers because you have not quite concluded it.
If you desire to create a subdivision of a section other than the home page, select the type of “parent category” that appears in the drop-down menu. Click “Browse” to upload a picture from your computer that represents this category.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Fields
This information will help you to improve your listing visibility in search engines.
- The Meta title: When a customer makes a request, the title appears in search engines
- Meta description: A presentation of your site in just a few lines, planned to capture customer’s choice. It will appear in search results
- Meta Keywords: Keywords you define for your site by search engines. If you include many things, you must specify the quotation mark, separated by commas and expressions.
- Friendly URL: It helps you to rewrite the addresses of your categories as you wish.
- For example, replace it like an address
Http: //www.myshop.webnexs .com/category.php?
You may have:
Http: //www.myshop.webnexs .com/123-name-of-the-category
In this case, all you have to do is refer to the field “Friendly URL”, separated by curves in the “Name of the Network” instead of the words you want to view.
- Group’s access: Controls select categories and products from some shopkeepers. To view these categories, your customers are from the right user group. For more information check out the group functions in the Customer tab.
When you are able to configure your sections, you can save them by clicking on the “Save” button or by returning to the previous category by “Save” and “Save to Parent Type” in the same section.
Note: A flag indicates that each field can be configured in multiple languages at its right side. For more information about this feature, see the language administration feature in the “Tools” tab.
Managing and adding products in the list
At the bottom of the catalog page, under “Products of this section”, you can handle your store items. Once you’ve created your section, you can add products by clicking on “Add a new product”. A form with multiple tabs appears
We’re starting with the first tab form, which will help fill out the general information about your products
Fill out the general information about your products
The first section contains essential information about the product.
The first thing to complete is the product name. This is what will appear in the search results. Next to the field you will find a flag, which enables you to choose the different languages in which you would like to feature the product.
If this product is immediately accessible or your clients do not know, verify the box “Disabled”.
The “manufacturer” field helps you enter the manufacturer’s name. This is a preferred field.
To add a new manufacturer, click on “Developer” near the manufacturer or select a menu that is linked to this product.
You can include information to better handle your item list in “Note”, “Supplier”, “EAN13 or JAN”, “UPC” or “Location” fields.
You can specify the size of the final package.
Finally, add weight to calculate your client’s orders
Build a pack of products
You can sell a pack of products produced by many products. Such as a computer system, a monitor, and a computer launch pack with a printer.
You can create a pack and add other products to this pack from your list. To do this, verify the “pack”. A simple form appears with a button. To filter by your current products, type in the text field and select a product to add a pack. Select it, choose the size and click the green button to rate your choice.
You can add as many products as you wish to pack.
You can simply remove a product from the pack by clicking the transaction icon instead.
Packets allow the site administrator to simplify the production of orders. They allow customers to use special prices and concessions.
Create a downloadable product
Check the box “Is this downloadable?” if you sell downloadable products, such as mp3s or PDF documents. A form will appear:
Select the file that is available to your customers by clicking “Upload a File” and then select it on your computer.
- Filename: Please choose your file name.
- Number of downloads: Specify how many times a file can be downloaded after a customer has purchased it.
- Expiration date: Specify the date after which the file will no longer available for sale. Consider to write on YYYY-MM-DD, when this field is completed
- Number of Days: If your customer receives a file from your store, you can reduce the number of days that he has downloaded until you download his file. You must fill this field to save your product.
Determine a product price
The pricing division may be very intimidating, and should be taken into account in the fields and sphere of influence of each other.
Set the price in your store by following the instructions below:
- Pre-tax total price: Your total helps you to find out the factor of the factory, which can be easily computed for your sales price to calculate your profits.
- Pre-tax retail price: Your products price before taxes.
- Tax rule: The line matching the product. Choose between different rates available. To set up your tax rates, check the tax section of this guide.
- Retail price with tax: Displays the prices of the prices of taxes covering retail prices through taxes. You can edit this value, which will be automatically renewed in the “Pre-tax retail price” category, as per your preferred tax rule.
- Unit price by line: Enables you to comply with the local laws required for the items to be displayed in your unit prices. For example, if you sell a pack of 6 cans of soda, you have to fill in to complete this domain and specify “in the second” field. The description in the same line will be refreshed accordingly. The “Per” field can be used for any level, such as “liter”, “flu oz”, “pound”, “kilogram”, “gallon”, etc.
- Display “On Sale” icon: Check Box to show that your product is on sale page, product page and product list text. A “on sale” icon will appear under the product. By changing the following file you can modify this icon: themes / web links wcomm / img / onsale_fr.gif
The price of the final type, including the expensive retail price, will be updated when you type.
Note: You can fill the “retail price through taxes” and choose the tax rate to apply, and the field can automatically calculate the pre-tax retail price. The opposite is also available
This section helps you manage the availability of your products.
- Initial stock: Specifies the number of available items. If you have already organized your products attributes and differences (ie colors, sizes, etc.), this field will be merge all of the quantities of these variants.
- Minimum size: The minimum item that the customer can buy. Set to 1, there is no minimum size.
- Additional shipping cost: It helps you add a per- product distribution cost to the final phase.
- Text is displayed when in-stock: It helps to show a message to your viewers when your product is in stock. It promises that your shop can immediately send them to the product. For example, by showing the word “Item available” words.
Instead, if the item does not have a role, you can choose whether to allow orders or not to use the “When out of Stock” option.
If you permit the orders, then you can show a message to your visitors using the “”Displayed text when allowed to be back-ordered” field.
You can configure common settings for all your products. The default option is to deny commands, but it can be changed under “Preferences” or “Products” tabs discussed in the “Product Options” section.
Default Category and Category View
The default type will be used when an article under several categories will be filed.
This is especially helpful if your site comes from a search engine on your site and explains how to use it. The name of the category will appears in the product URL. For example, “telephone” includes subdirectories of “brands” (Apple, Samsung, Nokia, etc.) and “Properties” (Smart Phone, Flip-Phone).
Checking the “Home” box helps you to highlight products on the home page of your store, and supports your feedback. To remove a product from the feature list, simply remove the “Home” box.
List your product
To improve your product listing and increase the visibility of your store we recommend that you carefully fill in various SEO fields: Meta topics, Meta descriptions, and keywords and friendly URLs.
To access this information click on the sentence below:
These fields allow you to improve the visibility of your listing directly in search engines
- Meta title: When a customer makes a request, the title appears in search engines
- Meta description: A product offering a few lines that aim to capture a customer’s interest. It will appear in search results.
- Meta Keywords: Keywords you define for your site by search engines. If you include many things, you must specify the quotation mark, separated by commas and expressions.
- Friendly URL: It helps you to rewrite the addresses of your categories as you wish. For example, replace it like an address
http: //www.mywebnexs wcomm.com/category.php?id_category=3
You may have:
http: //www.mywebnexs wcomm.com/123-name-of-the-category.
In this case, all you have to do is refer to the “Friendly URL” field, instead of the words you want to view “type-name-type”
Adding a Product Description
These two fields are here to fill out your product’s details:
You need to know your product well for both the client (for more information, the best) and search engines (which helps your shop find more search requests).
The first field permits you to write a full description of the search engines and the description of your product type. This field is limited to 400 characters and can only be written in plain text.
In the second field, you can write a full description of your product as it appears directly on the product page. The text editor offers a wide range of options for creating attractive descriptions (font, size, text color, etc.).
Although there is no limit to the second form, there is such a thing as too much content: to force the information to be mandatory and your product is good to go
In the “Tags” field, add some words and keywords that will help your customers easily find the search they’re looking for.
The “Accessories” field gives you the option to select the related products to associate with this product. To recommend a product to your customers, select the first letters in question, and then click the green button on the right.
Once you have completed this information, save your work by clicking “Save”. After that, you and your description of the home page sent or your storage presentation work in the “cache” By clicking “save and stay” work with some of the new options, the following tabs are displayed: “compounds”, “Features”, “personalization”, “Discounts”, “Links.”
Configuring product image
Second tab, “Images”, including photos on your product page
- To add one or more photos to your product, just click the “Browse” button and select a photo from your computer to upload it.
- Write a file name in the “Caption” field after uploading the image:
The name used to search engines is reference to your product. So you have to give it a name corresponds to the product description. In this way, your product will appear easily in search engine results.
- If you want to use this uploaded image as the default image, check the “Cover” box and appear on your store’s product page automatically.
After uploading multiple images, you can select to change the image by clicking the arrows in the “position” column; you can define a different card image by clicking on the icons under the “Cover Image” column. (See below the screen).
Configure product attributes
You can add multiple attributes to your products. One attribute is a product variant. For example, the same product may have multiple different color or size options. In webnexs prestashop, these are called “attributes.”
To access this feature you will need to click on “Attribute and Groups” tab under “List”.
Click on the elements row to have its values shown in the table.
Managing attributes and types
To add a group of attributes or to put it another way, fill in the form to appear, click on “Add attribute group” to add different possibilities (colors, skills, etc.).
To add an option to the group of attributes you have created, you need to create a specific variable. Select the attribute group and click “Add attribute” and fill out the form to appear.
Fill the value of your variation, and then select the appropriate group from the dropdown menu.
To understand this idea, an attribute group may have color or weight, while the attributes can be green, yellow, or brown, or 4 pounds, 8 pounds, or 16 pounds.
In the below screen, you can see how an attribute can be edited: Select the attributes that you want to change and a form will appear.
The new form will appear by clicking the “Edit” icon on the left side of the color you want to edit:
Choose HTML color or upload a photo from your computer (if you show text instead of colors). Change the image in the background of the HTML color.
Manage Quantity Discounts
Depending on the size of your customer’s purchased goods, you can use a total price change for sale. For this option, the Pricing Table will appear by clicking on the “Price” tab.
In the first order of the selectors, this will be useful to you, including various groups to which this price applies, especially containing currencies, countries and your custom client groups (which we will discuss in a later chapter).
By default, Webnexs only show wcomm and currencies, only countries and groups. If you need extra in each of them, you should go to Payment> Currencies, Shipping> Countries & Customers> Groups.
Define the range of dates that are expensive for the price using the second row. Clicking each selector opens the calendar and makes the process easier.
Starting […] unit: It includes the value from which the discount must be applied. Default is “1”, which refers to any size.
“Product Price” lets you set up an arbitrary price independent of accounts and earlier prices. Keep this field in “0” for the default price.
- Apply a discount: Discount that will apply once the size is selected. Use the option to set a discount type (a specific percentage of the default currency or a percentage of the default price).
Click “Add” after selecting your values: The summary of your discount model will appear below. If you want to delete a value, click the red “X” in the table.
At this point, you’re done with your products, which is available in your store! If you want to start the specific price at 1 unit, the discount will be immediately visible on the product page.
Adding product combinations
Adding various variations to your product takes a few steps. Before proceeding, you must have already created the necessary attributes and attributes. Once this is done, click on the “Admission” tab and a creative form will appear.
- Choose a group of attributes like “Colors” from the drop-down menu
- Choose an attribute you want to add, for example “blue”
- Click on “Add” and it will appear in the Select box
- If the property has an impact on the price of goods, go to the “Effect on Price” menu and select “Increase” or “Reduction”. The text changes appear in the menu order
- If the attribute weight is hit, the process is identical.
- Fill in various fields, such as next, reference, size, etc.
- Upload a new image or choose a previously uploaded photo from the drop-down menu
If you want to make this default combine (attribute + product), check the box “Create the default mix for this product”.
Finally, click on “Add This Mix” to save it. This will appear in the attribute list.
In this example, an attribute is attached: “color”. If you want to add multiple attributes, then you have to add an attribute, and then the second attribute. If you click “Add”, two attributes will be added.
If you have several different products or types you can use the “product admission generator.” This function automatically allows you to create variants and possibilities.
Navigate to the complete form by clicking “Product Additions Generator”.
A warning window may appear, “Are you sure you want to delete the product information you have entered?” It had some combinations already created for your product. If you agree with this, it will delete existing combinations. Be careful!
Your groups of attributes are in the right side of this page. Select the categories by clicking on their name. If you want to select multiple things at once, press the Ctrl key. Then click “Add”.
For example, in our example, you can select “Blue”, “Green” and “32 go” attributes.
Once the categories are selected, insert the amount of each item into the “size” field above. Be careful, it must be the same in every combination. For example, 200 items in each mix = 2 colors * 1 disk size * 200 = 400 items.
You can add a note by helping your management needs.
Clicking on the “Generate” button will show tables for each of the cells below, and you can edit their potential specific prices.
If you do not want to created combinations, you can delete or change them.
Configure product features
The next tab is named “Features” where you specify the features of your products (eg weight, subject, origin country, etc.). When you create features and values (such as wool knit and micro-fiber products), you can assign them when it’s appropriate. This does not mean that you do not fill in the features for each of your products, instead fill the required values and use them later. However, alert that contrary to the mixes, these values are not modify and are valid for general production.
Create a feature
To create a feature and its values, click the tab under the label named “Features”. For example, click on “Add a Feature” and add the types of headphones in the music player.
Provide the name to this features and tap “save”.
Create a value
To add a value to the feature, go to the previous page or go to the “Features” sub-tab “Catalog” tab.
In each case, tap on “Add a new feature value”
In the drop-down menu, select the features that you want to add a value and enter its contents, click Save. For example, if you select the “Weight” feature as mentioned above, you can add features such as 1 lb, 2 lbs, and 3 lbs.
Assign value and feature to a product
Finally, go to the “Features” tab for your product (see the Catalog / Features subtitle tab) and select the feature you want to add from the dropdown menu. “Click Update features.”
We’ve created the features and values we’ve created. Now return to the product you want, and add features and values.
If no value is assigned to a feature, it will not be visible in your store
Enter the customized value
If you want to specify a value that has not been built up earlier, you can add it directly to the “customized” field
Your Webnexs wcomm online store software gives your customers the ability to customize the products they can buy.
Example: You are a jewelry seller and your customers have the potential to be able to etch their jewelry with text or image. Ask the text or image of your customers when they place their order.
Let’s see how this function will be configured. In the “Customization” tab, you can specify which type of context (file or text) can be customized.
- Use “File Fields” to indicate the number of files you want to receive and show them.
- Change the value in “text fields” if your customer sends you text.
This field applies to how your writing number appears on your product page of your online store.
In our examples, we will change two values by writing “1” in each assessment. Once this is done, click “Update Settings”. It will be as follows:
- In the File Fields, specify what type of file to send (ie “image to etch “). Click on the box labeled “Required” if this element is needed to verify the purchase.
- In the text field, specify what type of content you want to complete with your customer (e.g. “text to etch”). Click on the box labeled “Required” if this element is needed to verify the purchase.
- Once this is done, click “Save Labels”. You should now look it shown on the bottom of the screen.
The benefit of this function is that your customers provide personal service, which they will without appreciate!
Webnexs permits you to make some files available to your customers before your purchase.
For instance, you are saying to sell electronics, and you need to give your customers a document to read a document. You can upload a document for that purpose.
First, click the seventh tab of your product, “attachments”.
- Fill the name of your attachment.
- Give a rapid description and then click “Browse” to select a file on your computer to upload.
- Click on “Add a new link file”.
- The attachment is uploading and page reloading, with the attachment shows in the “Available attachments” selector.
- Select your link and click “<<Add ” to include the current product.
- Click “Update attachments”. The message “Update Successful” will appear above.
Now the “Download” tab will appear in your online store and your customers can download the file you saved.
Under the “Catalog” tab, you can find all of your store attachments (and add more) by clicking on the “Attachments” sub-tab.