Catalog price rules in pricing rules in prestashop
Now, we are going to know about what is catalog price rules, how to create a new catalog price rule.
Catalog Price Rules:
Catalog price rules allows you to permit price lessening by group, manufacturer, supplier, attribute or feature. Since its name is known for, this type rules that relate to a particular range of products, though it can’t be used as a single product. If you want to build a cart rule as a substitute or to build a particular price (in the “Price” page of the products text page), then only you will be given a discount to a single product, if you want.
For example, you can also put a rule which state that for every Spanish customers, it fit in to the “Good Clients” group will get some 10% offer on your Electronics category and for every Sony products in the initial week of July.
Presently accessible rules will be listed in the “Catalog Price rules”, that helps you to correct or delete by selecting on the icons in the “Status” column. Change its end date to the day previous to, when you want to stop a rule.
Creating a New Catalog Price Rule:
There are two sections available in the creation form, which enable you to accurately develop fresh rules.
Specific Price Rules:
The initial form is very simple to know.
These are the things where you put and who will get advantage from the rule, what is the amount of discount should be, and some extra details.
It consists of ;
- From Quantity
- Price (tax excl.)
- From and To
- Reduction Type
- Reduction with or without taxes
- Name: This name will be displayed publicly, so you be supposed to keep it informal.
- Shop: Multi store mode option only available. This rule is related to customers who purchase by a specific shop. This option will be simply available, when you have two shops at least.
- Currency: This currency rule is applied only for those customers who put to pay with a particular currency.
- Country: This country rule is applied for those customers from a particular country.
- Group: This group rule is applied for those customers who are all fit in to a particular customer group.
- From Quantity: This rule is applied when the order has some minimum quantity of similar products.
- Price (tax Excl.): The currently changed price for the product. Now, you can fix the open price of the product that is equal to the rules that you are locating in the place. By evasion, the rule will be appropriate to the bottom price.
- From and To: This from and to rule is applied in this point edge.
- Reduction Type: In this reduction type rule, the discount can be in the form of an amount of money or a proportion of a order total.
- Reduction with or without taxes: This rule shows that, the discount given can be either including taxes or left the tax as in.
- Reduction: The reduction value will be given only by depending on the “Reduction Type” on top, giving “10.0” in the field that either mean “$10 off”(which depending on the default currency) or “10% off” also.
All of these rules can also be combined.
This “Conditions” section is the place where you can put the products to which the particular price rule is applied. Only when you click on the “Add a new condition group” button, then only you become visible.
Conditions are constructed here more or less condition groups, import that your data from the “Specific price rule” section on the top it can be functional to so many dissimilar ranges of products.
All the conditions are gathered in an comprehensive manner: every circumstances of the group must relate to the catalog price to apply. Therefore, the “AND”.
In the mean time, the condition groups are restricted: Merely, one group need to apply for the catalog price to apply. Therefore, the “OR”.
The available condition group is empty. With the help of drop-down menus in the bottom part of the section, you can add conditions to it.
- Select any type or category, then select the “Add” condition button.
- In condition group only the condition will appear. On that condition group you can place several conditions.
- When a condition group is completed and if you want to generate a new condition group, then select on the “Add new condition group”. Then, a new group will be appeared, which you can make use it in the same way.
More conditions are added to the condition group which was produced at last. If you want to add more conditions to the preceding group, the select that group to underscore it, and then include your conditions.
But, you will be not able to delete a condition group at presently.
This is how catalog price rule is created and its conditions are applied in pricing rules in prestashop.