In this blog, let’s look at how to edit Magento 2 product page template and layout.
The product layout and design template showcase information about the site’s product. It includes the product name, images, description, add-to-cart, and so on. Templates and layouts play a vital role in Magento 2 website.
These layouts need not be the same as your Magento 1 site. The only thing that makes your product page looks vibrant is the Templates. It is a must to consider a clear template as it shows the product to the customers.
Because the Magento 2 platform comes with many improvements in its functionalities. That includes a better user interface and stunning templates and layouts.
The Product Layout Design allows flexibility in the site’s product pages. A user can choose any one of the in-built templates or can create one from scratch.
Thus, editing the product page template and layout for every product is a necessary thing. This Magento allows you to edit the product page template and layouts at the same time.
Here, we explain how to edit the product page template and layout in Magento 2. Follow the below-mentioned steps to start editing,
- Open product in Edit mode.
- Expand the Advanced setting section
- Click on the Design section
There you go, lets we start,
How to edit Magento 2 product page template and layout?
Edit Magento product page template
An eCommerce site’s Product page template consists of a particular product view. The details displayed on the product page provides valuable information to the users. It may include price, reviews, shipping information, size, and other product-related information.
All that customers want to know before making buy decisions is the product info. Now in the design section, you can find the fields edit product page template:
You have to fill in all the following blanks:
- Custom Design: Here, you can set the product page template. Now select any one of the available themes from the list.
- Active from: To set the product page template for a specific period. Edit the beginning date here.
- Active to: Here you enter the ending date of the period for the product page template.
Edit Magento product page layout
- Custom Layout Update: With XML coding, this field allows you to edit the product page layout.
- Page Layout: You can choose any one of the options to edit the product page layout,
- No layout updates: This option is a default one, which means your product doesn’t apply the layout changes.
- Empty: In general, this option lets you define your layout, such as a 4-column page. This option is not necessary for beginners as it requires XML knowledge.
Thus, we provided you with all the options to edit the product page layout. Depending on your product need, you can decide the most suitable layout for your site. The Display product options allow you to choose between the Product Info Column.
Thanks for reading. We hope that you’ve learned about the product page template and layout editing in Magento 2 in this blog.