Learn how to exhibit the Prestashop features in the front office here in this blog easily.
Creating an eCommerce website can be a difficult task if you go with a less scaling and poorly structured platform. In that case, choosing the PrestaShop platform is the best choice and good to go with. It would be the platform that has its own set of features and a higher level of flexibility.
Thus, to help you figure out the best eCommerce platform here is the comprehensive PrestaShop features review with its front office.
Prestashop Features to Exhibit Front Office
Front Office Prestahop Features
All of these are installed by default. So, if some Prestashop functions are not useful to you, you can disable them here.
It exhibits a banner at the apex of your store’s home page (it’s depending on your store’s settings).
Create the banner very broad while carrying the content centered, so that the banner can adjust to all device dimensions.
It shows the products that your customers included in their carts; on the entire page. Visitors can then view their options while shopping, modify the quantity of product they are ordering, and remove or include a coupon. By selecting “Shopping Cart”, they observe the “Shopping cart summary” of all products included in their cart and their quantity.
You can organize the cart to use Ajax, which signifies that any alterations that the user makes to their shopping list will concern immediately instead of reloading the page. The Ajax setting is not well-suited with all themes, be sure to check it fully with your own theme.
You can set the maximum number of products to be displayed in your cart.
It shows a list of your product categories in your shop.
You have some pattern possibilities:
- Maximum depth: If you have a large number of categories or long names, you may want to reduce the number of sub-levels displayed without your design being broken.
- Dynamic: When enabled, sub-categories are hidden by default, and the customer may choose to show them. It is best for protecting space and evades confusion: If disabled, this module displays all types and all their subdirectories.
- Sort: In most cases, you need to carry the category sort to segment, for easy perusing, in alphabetical order. But the “By Position” type chooses which category you want to keep in the peak, so they are encouraged.
- How many footer columns do you like? It permits you to choose the number of columns in “Category” blocks in your footer.
Include a block with many CMS links.
The first part, “CMS Block Configuration”, has a preference:
- CMS blocks: You can show your CMS content in the left column of your store or right column. You can edit the content of an existing page by clicking on the ‘Edit’ icon on the right side of its name or add new blocks to the content on both sides by clicking the “Add new” button.
- The second section, “Footer’s various links configuration” has four options:
- Display various links and information in the footer: You cannot display any CMS page in the footer, simply by unchecking this setting.
- Footer links: The CMS pages linked from this section appear at the bottom of the site. This is where shop owners tend to place information pages: legal notice, terms & conditions, etc.
- Footer text: You can add one line or paragraph of text below the CMS pages in the footer. Write it in as many languages as needed.
- Display “Powered by Prestashop”: Adds a line with a link to wcomm.com. Note that this line is located between the links and footer text.
When you delete the footer text, Prestashop will give you this error: “Please offer footer text for the default language”.
This is because when you first insert the footer text, Prestashop imitates all languages. Once you have deleted the text, you must delete it from all available languages: First, delete the text from the default language, click on the language selector next to the text field, select another language, and delete the field content again. Do this for every language. You can save your changes and Prestashop will not show the error to anyone.
Allows you to show more information about customer service:
- Phone number: This should be an exclusive customer service / supporting number, not a way to communicate a sales division or partner program (if any). Leave this field empty if you do not provide customer service by phone.
- Email: Again, this must be a dedicated customer service/support email address.
This information appears in the footer by default.
Contact information blocking
Block adds some information about the shop connection:
- Company name: Your company name may differ from your store name. You can trust your brand by mentioning the full name.
- Address: If your headquarters’ address, or if it matches your main store address. Do not give your personal address to customers that you do not want to knock on your door. If you do not want to view or send your letters, leave this field empty.
- Phone number: Your business phone line. Again, do not give your personal number here. If you do not have a devoted business line, empty the field.
- Email: Your business email address is the one that you want to receive in any message (often includes support requests).
- This information appears in the footer by default.
Each product page displays the “Customer who buys this product also buys..” module. You can set the number of products to be displayed (default 10).
Any currency can be used to pay customers, as well as adds a small interface for customers to pay for their orders. This box appears on the top of your store title (top) and only displays the installed currencies. To add a currency or to build existing ones, go to the “Coins” page under the “Configuration” menu.
Custom CMS information block
It includes a block of information to your customer from your CMS pages.
You have two custom modules by default, each having an edit button. Edit and edit the text that contains the basic information of your home page. The author has an HTML code that allows you to enter specific HTML tags and use custom classes, and then you can use the style with CSS.
Customer data privacy block
This is an important text because people are more concerned about online privacy. Providing a clear policy on how you handle their personal information gives your brand confidence – and we legally agree with you to respect it. You may not copy/paste a policy from another site, but write your own on the basis of your country’s privacy laws.
Customer reassurance block
Include a block to show more information to confirm your customers. This module is found in the footer of the default theme. It was previously called “Bloc reinsurance”
The default sample pages:
- Money-back guarantees: Wikipedia states: “If a buyer is not satisfied with a product or service, repayment of money is a simple guarantee that a refund of money-back is guaranteed.”
- In-Store exchange: The text should explain how the customer can buy any unwanted products in your physical store to exchange a transaction with another model or to withdraw the customer’s money. If you do not have a store, you should definitely delete this page.
- Shipping: When it is sent, the customer will pay only for the order. It is not recommended for small shops.
- Free Shipping: This is what you refer to as your shipping policy. All ships are free, or for example, you can choose for free to start a certain amount.
- 100% secure payment processing: Generally, if you stay on third-party payment services, such as PayPal or Moneybookers, you trust them with your cash transaction and should be your customers. You can also publish information about each payment service on this page.
These are sample pages: They do not have any content on the default. Therefore, fill in the correct text of yours (and your legal team). If your business reflects some of the model policies, you should delete them.
Click the right ‘edit’ icon in order to add text that suits your store’s belief features. You can delete or add pages to fit in.
Facebook Like Box Block
Show a new block with a link to the Facebook page, a Like button, and the photos of people who’d like your page.
Facebook sharing Block
Include a block to display the “Share on Facebook” link on product pages. Clicking on the link launches the customer to his Facebook page, with a pre-filled link to the product.
The “Add this Product to my Customization” link on each product page will only be visible to customers who are logged in. Then go to their account page and access the list of favorite products by clicking on the “My Favorite Products” link.
Featured Products on home page
With this module, you can choose which products can be customized by placing them on your homepage. On the Configuration page, you can set the number of products you want to display. Once this value is stored, go to the configuration page of your choice (“List” menu). Select “Home” as the product appears, and select the current sections (do not remove its original type) in addition. You will save your change and the product will appear on the homepage of your store. Repeat all the products that you want to put on the home page.
FIA-NET Sceau de Confiance
Turn your audience into buyers by promoting faith in your site.
FIA-NET is a French third-party e-commerce trust partner: it protects both clients and online stores against credit card frauds and against other malpractices.
To use block you must have an FIA-NET partner. Ask for more information here: http://www.fia-net-group.com/form_partenaires_fianet.php?p=185 once you receive your account details, you can configure the module with them and the FIA-NET logo will be displayed on your front page. This logo is familiar in France and advises your audience that your store is reliable.
When configuring a block, you can choose to use Test mode or Production mode. Test Mode allows you to execute some test purchases and see how the FIA-NET system works.
Adding a block to the center column of your homepage, with a top image of a text, you can edit both by building a collection.
Move the block in your design using the Live Edit tool.
The homepage is the first thing your visitors experience when notice your store. So ensure to make it happy, efficient, and properly updated. Make sure to translate text in many languages your shop supports.
Image slider for your homepage
Adding a slider module to the center column of your homepage, you can define a gallery package that is displayed in a sliding motion, one after the other.
The block configuration screen offers you two sections:
- Settings: You can set the dimension of the block, wait time between two images, and whether the slide cycle or not.
- List of slides: Organize images by drag-and-dropping their personal blocks.
Three blocks on each block right enable you to enable/disable the image, edit its settings or remove it completely from the package.
Add/edit an image
Make sure all images have the same size, this size is reflected in the own size (“Slider configuration” section).
Clicking on the “Add Slide” link takes you to a new screen.
- Select a file: Remember that you must have text in the image, and mark the language of that text using the language selector.
In addition, this means you can create a different image for each language. But be sure to link these images: the same level of inability to remove the others
- Title: The title appears in the “Slide Configuration” section and helps to sort the images.
- URL: When you select to send a customer to a particular page for your shop, you can send it if he clicks on the image. This is useful when the film promotes a particular product, type, or manufacturer.
- Title: Alternate text to use if somehow the image cannot be loaded. This is necessary for access.
- Description: The text will appear when pointing the mouse at the image.
- Active: You can disable an image whenever you need it, for instance, discourage promptly promotes it.
Display a set of languages available on the peak of the homepage. This module permits the customer to choose the language that you want to choose for that store. If the client does not want to change the language of the store, remove this block.
Layered navigation block
Show a package with layer navigation filters. Layered navigation allows the customer to define the overall criteria for filtering products by providing a little bit of information to reduce the number of products that the customer is characterized. This is a great tool for customers who know what they want (color, condition, price range …), but there is no doubt about how to find it
When configuring the block, you are offered 4 categories:
- Indexes and Caches: This module relies heavily on the database table and its own content cache.
- Existing filter templates: A filter template is the type of navigation for the customer has to access it.
- Create your own filter template: Various templates can be created, based on the customer’s viewing base.
- Configuration: This module operates can be further explained.
Indexes and caches
To work properly, the sorted column that contains your latest products, product attributes, and product prices – should be updated. Therefore, you should continue to use the data provided by the buttons here. Each of them is a specific action:
- All the missing price index: Adds only to the index the prices that were not indexed before. It is faster than the next button.
- Rebuild the full price index: Adds all the indexes all the prices, whether it is already indexed or not. It is slower than the previous button when you have multiple products
- Create an attribute index: Include all product attributes.
- Create a URL index: Adds all the product’s URLs to the index.
Every time you change the data changes of your products you need to update your code. Because it can be very difficult or boring, Prestashop features automatically triggers the coding system, using cron tasks. Add URLs to your crontab and you do not have to handle it anymore. If you do not know about crontab and crontab, ask your web host about it.
Templates of existing filters
Layered navigation is based on templates or a set of principles. There is a default named “My Template”, which uses all available filters. The templates should be modified for your content or needs.
You may have multiple templates required. This section helps you edit and delete them when you need them
Create your own filters template
The template builder allows you to specify what type of filters you have access to your customers.
Creating a new template requires only three simple steps:
- Select categories: You can create a filter for the entire site or on per-category basic. For example, the entire site may show a price filter, and some sections may have additional filters. When selecting “Specific Categories”, a small window opens to select which filter is available.
Please note that filters are not automatically applied to subcategories of selected categories: if there is no product in your “home” category, the layer navigation will not appear there.
- Selected filters: The number of available filters depends on the content of your store. Six default filters appear here: price, weight, condition, manufacturer, and stock, and subcategories. In addition, attribute groups (number of products) for all products in selected categories. Check the filter box to move the “available “section from the “selected” one. Your mouse cursor can move the filters up and down which will manipulate their display on the front page.
Each filter contains two dropdown menus:
- Display Type: You can choose how the filter will be shown to the customer. Visualization depends on the filter type.
- Numeric (Price & Weight): Test Box, Radio Button, Dropdown List. Note that the check box system allows for multiple selections only.
- Alphabetical (others): sliders, inputs area, and list of values.
- Name your template: Customers do not see the name, but it is very useful for you to edit a template in dozens or hundreds of them that you can make up for your store’s lifetime.
Please note that saving the filter does not store the entire configuration: you must first save the filter, and then click on “Save configuration”.
There are two options:
- Hide the filter values with no product are matching: If disabled, you will find more filters, even if you do not have the appropriate product (which makes the layered navigation over-crowded with options).
- Show the number of matching products: After the filter name, it shows the number between brackets. If there is no suitable product, it will show “(0)”.
- Show products from subcategories: The filter concern to more than just the existing category.
- Category filter depth (no limits 0, default 1): If the above option is enabled, you will be risking a number of products taken into account and lose interest in layer navigation. Depth 1 is the default, but you can still use deeper sub-categories.
- Utilize tax to filter price.
- Conditional Robots (google, yahoo, bing, …) Allow use of the condition/availability/manufacturer filter: These four filters help you to describe whether your navigation can be easily and easily found by search engines. This SEO (search engine optimization) can prove beneficial.
These options apply to all templates and filters.
With this module, you can add links to sites you want or pages to your store.
The configuration page is divided into three sections:
Add a new link: Permits you to state the link name and URL and whether to open the new page.
When adding a link, do not forget the “http: //” section. For example http://www.mywcomm.com.
Note that opening a new page is often a bad practice. At the very least, you have to keep your store’s own page in the same window.
Block title: It allows you to rename the link package and connect it to the page from the block title page.
Settings: This allows you to sort the links. Links linked by default are most recent. If you want to avoid this setting, select “Older Links” from the drop-down list.
At the bottom of the page, you can find all the links entered. If you want to change the links, click the Edit icon. To delete the link, click the Trash icon.
A block of manufacturers/brands shows.
The block content is displayed in two ways: as a list of links, or a drop-down list. This can be displayed on the sides, the text links are less than the number, but the drop-down list gives access to all manufacturers.
Manufacturers are displayed in alphabetical order.
My Account block
Display a block with including links to various customer pages of the logged-in customer: previous orders, packet monitoring, earnings, registration addresses, and available coupons. This module will be displayed once the customer is connected.
My Account block for your website’s footer
This is equivalent to the “My Account block” module (see above), but is specifically designed to be used in the theme’s footer.
New Products block
Prevent the recently added products and make them more visible. With this block, you can drive more traffic to your new products. You can set the number of visible links by setting up this module. If the product is included in the store list in the last 20 days, a product is considered new. You can change that option in the “Products” menu in the “Preferences” menu. If you do not have the latest product, you will indicate that this module will show and your schedule can not be updated too. Therefore, it is not recommended to implement the “Always display block” option for this module.
A block that invites your shop viewer to show your newsletter will show.
On the configuration screen, you can set several options:
- Do you want to send a verification email after the subscription?. This is important because the suspicious people stop meeting their intellectuals.
- Do you want to send a confirmation email after the subscription? Similarly, a customer must confirm that he or she will be subscribing to your newsletter. In this way, you cannot say that they are spamming without their consent.
- Welcome Voucher code: you can tell thanks to new subscribers with a receipt code. For example, you can provide 10% of their next order.
To create a new receipt code, go to the “Cart Rules” menu under the “Price Rules” menu. See how to create a receipt in the chapter “Creating Price Rules and Vouchers” section.
Payment logo Block
Include a block to display all paid logos.
The module structure helps you choose where to display these logos. So you first need to create a CMS page where you have to place fee logos and descriptions for all the paid services that you support and then link to the page from the setup page.
Permanent links blocking
Add a block to the front-end of your CMS pages, such as sitemap, contact, and permanent links.
Permit customers or visitors to log in a message on your product page. On the product page, comments will appear in a new tab right next to the “More Info” section. They can rate your products between 0 and 5 stars.
You can manage comments, moderate or delete comments from these blocks.
Logged-in customers can report you spam or inappropriate comments: When a comment is shown on the product page, there are two options available:
- “Was this comment useful to you?” If the customer clicks “No”, other viewers will see it.
- “Record as bad”: If the customer clicks on this button, the comment goes to the “Reported comments” queue.
You can access many sections in the configuration screen:
- All comments must be made by a worker: Ensure spam or disrespect is not visible on your live site, which will destroy your content. In some countries, evaluating content is like releasing them, so you can be responsible for their content.
- Allow guest comments: Allow visitors to publish comments that you are not logged in to. Be careful, this greatly increases spam comments.
- Minimum time between 2 comments from the same user: Comments block the spam bottle to fill your inbox – or at least control the impact.
- Moderate comments: If they choose publicly valued comments by your employees, they will be shown in this section, and if they feel it is harmful, they can be placed offline.
- Reported comments: Any feedback customers can click on the “Report abuse” link that will bring you here. You can choose to dismiss the statement and accept the concept or remove the comment altogether.
- A new concept of employment: “Customers can comment on your customers by providing them with” themes “: Text texts refer to what are” smells “,” taste “, and” robustness “, which helps your customers get ideas with ideas.
- Name: Your customers know the name, so choose a short and specific one.
- Apply to: You can choose the selected measurement field in all products (“valid for the full listing”) or a set of products. If you choose to define a list of your list (some types or some products), a new section will appear after you save your criteria: “Manage criterions Scope”. See below.
- Active: You can disable a condition at any time.
- Manage criterion’s scope: This section only occurs if at least one condition is limited to a subset of your subscription. In the drop-down list, select the terms you wish to set aside. This page will be reloaded with a list of your categories or products (depending on the scope of the selection). Check and check the boxes for all matching products.
- Manage comments: All public comments will appear. You can choose to delete them by clicking the Delete Icon, one or more.
Product fee logos block
Displays perfect for paid logos on the product page. Configuration page you choose an image – you will have to create a link to the logos of payment methods to accept.
Each product page shows the recommendations of other items in the same category. This module is especially helpful in finding out what to offer to your shop.
On the config page, you can choose whether to display the price of other products.
Displays live announcements in your store. This module helps the audience to learn what’s happening in your store in real-time. When a visitor visits a product page, you can display three types of notifications on the top right of the page:
- The number of people currently viewing this page. As a result, it shows that the number of people on this page in the past 30 minutes is the default value that can be changed using a 30 “default” option.
- This product was purchased last time.
- This product was last added to a cart.
The first option is always a good thing. The other two are a bit trickier: a successful product, it’s nice to see it recently bought; On the other hand, if less successful products are not bought for a long time, they are found in failure.
It’s important not to show “don’t display event older than”: make sure it does not change the double-digit number, or you will already suspect some of the products that are already sold out.
RSS Feed (RSS products Feed)
It helps you create an RSS product feed for your store outlet. An RSS Feed website content syndication format, which allows anyone to displays the latest content from one website to another.
With this module, you can get regular updates about the products you add to your listing by adding this message to your own feed readers.. Also, other websites can display your new products on their page. Finally, search engines can use it to find your new content.
During a multistore installation, you can show a new shop with your RSS Feed Block module in the sidebar of another page for your shop.
Disable this block if no one is available online.
RSS Feed block
Adds a block showing an RSS feed. An RSS Feed website content syndication format, which displays the latest content from one website to another.
With this module, your visitors can learn information from a site that specifies the field in the module structure. RSS Feed will then appear in a box in front of your store. Visitors can register to RSS Feed in this group.
There are three configuration options for this module:
- Block title: Give Black a clear name: You do not want to view your content from your own website.
- Add the feel URL: If you can make a mistake, do not put your store address in this field.
- Number of threads displayed: Generally, the latest articles from an RSS feed source website are between 10 and 20. You may be reduced to 5 or fewer without disrupting your homepage with content other than your products.
Send to friend module
Each product displays a “send to friend” link Prestashop features at the bottom of the page. Click on the customer’s name and email when it opens the window of the person who wants to tell you about this product. The mail sent contains a simple link to the product page.
This module may be important because you want to give your customers an opportunity to provide your products and knowledge about your shop as a shop owner.
Social networking module
This is important among Prestashop features, permit you to add additional information about your social networks that your customers can find you. Specifically, you can refer to your account URLs:
- Facebook: Avoid using your own user page! Try creating a page for your shop/company instead.
- Twitter: Similarly, use your company’s user account, not your CEO.
- Your RSS feed: An RSS feed is a special file created automatically in your store and can be used by RSS readers tools (like Google Reader) to send your latest messages to your customers. Although it is not a social network, this is an important aspect of sending regular messages there. Note: The “RSS Products Feed” module must be installed for this work.
Store locator block
Show a module with a connection to the store locator. If you do not have any physical location where customers can buy or at least restore items, disable this module.
Under your “Preferences” menu, your body stores are listed on the “Store Contacts” page. By default, there are lists of sample stores that need to be removed for your own transfer.
The Configuration Page allows you to select an image to display a link to the store locator.
Exhibit a block of suppliers.
The module can display two types of contents: a list of links, or a drop-down list. This can be displayed on both sides; the text links are low, while the drop-down list provides access to all providers.
Distributors will be displayed in alphabetical order.
Each of your products can add tags to its description page. Basically, they help generate over-the-fly categories with the same tags, but this module makes the keywords more useful by adding a block of theme columns where the importance of most popular tags is displayed in the order, most important ones using a large font.
On the Configuration page, specify how many keywords should be shown.
Your theme helps you configure Prestashop features.
The configuration page for this module serves two purposes.
First, it provides direct links to the most common front-office systems: from this module, you can display and disable a dozen features, social buttons, or Facebook block. You can access Live Constructor (Live Edit) from here.
Second, Theme Configurator can automatically link links to specific home page hooks: home, top, left, right, footer. Each language has its own hooks with its own tab.
Top sellers block
Include a block that displays the top-selling products outlet.
The config page permits you to set the block even when the product page or product is not even available. This module does not exist in the default theme first. You must attract it to a place, for example, the correct column.
To attach the volume to the right column, go to the block configuration page, and then
- Click on the “Manage Hooks” link above. You are taken to the “Positions” page.
- As you can see on the “Positions” page, the module does not appear on any hook. Click the “Change a Module” button to the top right to hide the block.
- Select “right column blocks” from the hooking tool, the “Hook into” drop-down list.
- Save your change, and then reload the home page to see the package collection. You can change the volume space using the Live Edit Tool.
Top horizontal menu
Add a new horizontal menu Prestashop features to your store.
This is an important package: It adds a whole new block under the title, and you can show links to various sections and pages of your store.
This is especially useful if your customer can quickly find your way through your shop. You can have simple links or menus sub-menus so that customers can have a good birds-eye view of your content.
This menu helps you create your menu with links to pages, categories, or individual products in the “Menu Top Links” section.
User info block
A block displaying information about the Prestashop features customer includes:
- Link with a quick look and fix to his cart
- Link to customers’ accounts.
- Link to exit out of the shop.
Blocked products view
Display recent products that a customer has recently suggested. You can set the number of products displayed using the “Products to display” field.
Include the Prestashop features “Add to My Wishlist” link to all product pages. Logged in customers want to buy things from your store and send a link to their friends. A customer may have many options.
Including a “wishlist” block to each page of the store, which only the client can view. This is to know whether the customer is right and can review it regularly. This block contains the “My Wishlist” link to access the wishlists management tool.
The module’s configuration page lets you see a list of your customers: Select a customer in the dropdown list to reload the page with the list of selected customers list, then select the list to show.
Still having queries on the Prestashop features, get access to the vast library of Prestashop knowledge base, click here.
Looking to build a feature-rich eCommerce platform with Prestashop?
Contact us today and scale your online business well in the right direction.