Learn how to install Magento 2 on Ubuntu server with a few steps.
Let’s explain to you how to install Magento 2 on an Ubuntu server, before you get to install Magento 2 on an Ubuntu server, you should practice:
- Magento installation
- Filezilla(to upload the sourcecode)
- Putty (to connect to the ssh console)
Install Magento 2 on Ubuntu server
Step 1: Upload the source code to the server by using filezilla
- Open FTP information to connect to filezilla and server. Upload the .zip file to the directory you wish to make the uploading file more quickly.
- In this tutorial, I will upload / home / eden / public_html / magento2 (since my domain point for this folder).
- Sign in to SSH console using Putty or git bash. You can use the username or password or private key to sign up for SSH (which depends on your server).
- Then use the Magento 2 directory “cd” command line and use the unzip command to extract the Magento 2 ZIP file
- After using the Unzip command, you will receive Magento 2.1.2 files and folders
Step 2: Build a database for Magento 2 on Ubuntu
- Sign in to my my sql server:
mysql -u root -p
- MySQL asks you the password. After entering the password, you can go to the command line:
- Use the build command line to build the database. Example : magento2
BUILD DATABASE magento2;
Step 3: Open the browser and enter your website domain
- Tap Agree and Setup Magento
- Tap Next
- Tap Next again.
- Fill the Username, Password, Database name and tap next
- Modify the admin address and next again.
- Next again.
- Enter the admin, password, and next.
- Tap install now. Wait for the success message
Contact us to develop an online store with Webnexs today!!!