Features are a basic characteristic of a product: they are identical across product variants (or “compounds”).
The noticeable difference is that you cannot create product variations based on the features, you should think of the same way the product attributes feel (see above).
The difference between an element and a feature depends on the product itself. Some products may share the same property, one being an element built for building variants of the product, and another is simply an inflexible feature.
For example, a customer can buy the iPod variant based on attributes (color, disk space), but not the features (weight, size).
Similarly, you can sell T-shirt variants based on another store attributes (color, size, gender), but not the features (weight).
A product-based attribute can be built up from the “product” page under the “product” page, but they must be registered in your store using the “Features” page under the “Catalog” menu.
You can order the features using the arrows on the “position” column.
The “Actions” column provides an editing action, a deletion and a display activity, and you can click to show the available values for this feature. From there, you can sort, edit and delete values if necessary.
Click “Add new feature”. Very simple form appears. Here’s what’s called the feature: for example, the types of headphones presented in the music player.
Give this new feature a name, and return your attribute list to your new feature.
Three more options are available when you activate the Layer Navigation Block Module. They are not necessarily linked to the layered navigation: they provide direct URLs for each of the product variations. In this way, a friend can only send a valid link to the customer, but it also helps to maximize your search engine placement. The layer navigation generator makes use of this.
- URL: The word to use in the URL. By default, the Wcomm attribute uses the public name.
- The Meta title: The word uses the title of the page. By default, the Wcomm attribute uses the public name.
- Indexable: Whether or not the search engines will encrypt this code.
Customer URL can simply get by clicking on an imagination from the product sheet: the URL will add a final detail dynamically, for example # / color metal or # / disk_space-16GB / color green.
The Layer Navigation Generator also uses this, so use the descriptive text “Specific URL Design on the Black Layer Title” and “Use this attribute in the URL generated by the Layer Navigation module”.
Return to attribute list and save your new attribute. Now you need to add values to your attribute
Creating new value
Click “Add new value”. A new page appears
Complete the form:
- Attribute type: From the drop-down list, select one of the available attributes.
- Value: “Red”, “16 GB”, “1.21 Gwigats”
- If the attribute is the color type, only the next fields are shown.
- Color: If the attribute is a color, you can enter its value in HTML color code (such as “# 79ff52” or “lightblue”), or use the color picker to accurately display the correct color.
- Texture: If your product does not use a solid color, but a hard one (such as tiger stripes), you can upload a smaller image file displayed on the product page. Note that this will change the color of the HTML from the field above. Click on “Save” button and start uploading.
You can use this option to select the color of your color from one color to one color to the customer. How it looks at the front-end depends on the theme you use…
- Current texture: Once you have uploaded an organization file, this will be displayed as a reminder in this section.
You can add additional values to the same attribute type, save your changes and “Save then add another value” button.
Get more two options when you enable Layer Navigation Block Module. They are not necessarily linked to the layered navigation: they provide direct URLs for each of the variants of the products. In this way, a friend can only send a valid link to the customer, but it also helps to maximize your search engine placement.
- URL: The word to use in the URL. By default, PrestaShop uses the Value Name.
- The Meta title: The word to use in the URL. By default, PrestaShop uses the Value Name.
Consumer URL can simply get by clicking on an imagination from the product sheet, and changing the URL # / color metallic or # / disk_space-16gb / color-green example will add a final detail.
The Layer Navigation Generator uses this, so the “Text-Specific URL Form in the Blank Title” description text.
Once your attributes are in place and their values are set, you can create product variants (or “combination”) in the “Combination” tab of each of the products in the “Catalog” menu from the “Product” page.