Learn how to set password option for customers in Magento 2 in a few steps in this piece of content.
Password is a private key that you can use to access accounts in your store but forgetting the password for the record can be forgotten. With Magento 2 Platform, you can set password options for these customers to assist you in simply retrieving passwords.
set the password option for customers in Magento 2
From the backend, you can set the email template including the forgotten e-mail, and remix the password recovery link email. Password retrievers are dependent on your architecture by customers or store administrators
Observe the below instruction to know what you require to do:
Set password options for customers
- In the Admin panel, go to Stores>Settings>Configuration.
- On the left panel, under the Customers tab, select Customer Configuration.
- Open the Password Options section
- Select the Forgot Email Template that is sent to customers if they get their password forgotten.
- Now choose the Remind Email Template that contains the password hint to send to the customers.
- Then select the Reset password Template that is sent to the customers accompanied by a link for the rest password.
- Select the password Email Sender whose name will show on the forgotten and remind email notifications.
- Set the expiration of the password recovery link in the Recovery Link Expiration field.
- Allow only store admin to change customer password when selecting Yes for requiring admin user to change the user password.
- After completion, save the config.
Build your multi-vendor marketplace website with Magento 2, click here and develop one for you.