Learn how to check and analyze the Magento version without coding in the platform and change.
The Magento Version is one of the Essential parts that all Magento webmasters should know. Every version has its benefits and drawbacks that can directly affect the load speed, security and conversion rate of webstore owners should know their own Magento site version first.
Here I will explain about 4 techniques to analyze the Magento version without coding,
How to Analyze your Magento version without coding?
This is essentially not a service but a trick for you to fastly verify the Magento 2 version website. All you need to do is to include/Magento version after your domain URL and go searching. This will give you a small answer of the magento version and edition run on your website.
Verifying Magento version with online tools
With the internet connected, you can easily establish which version of Magento that your web store is on. Here are 3 simple and fast online tools that can show your Magento version in seconds just by entering the URL of your web store.
This is a simple way to establish which version of Magento you are using, working for both Community and Enterprise edition. You only have to add your site URL to get the response.
This online service describes you your current Magento version and the latest version of Magento in both Community and Enterprise edition.
MageScan is a service to assists web store owners and developers verify their sites against suggested Magento security standards. It aids to establish the version of a Magento install by evaluating default Magento files and how they change between releases.
Entering your Shop URL and MageScan will offers you not only version and edition of the Magento site but also other information like hosting provider, admin panel, logs, version control, development files, etc.
Mage Report is a free online tools permits user to verify the status of their Magento sites with lightening fast results. The report not only includes current version of Magento used but also insights on the security status of the scanned web stores, and how to fix possible susceptibilities as well.
MageReport is a invention of Byte.nl, a hosting professional for Magento shop. The service is good because it uses behavior-based identifications model. The following are the list of known security susceptibilities that MageReport verifies for Magento shops:
- Present magento version
- Outdated Magento version
- Default/admin location
- Security patch
- Unprotected version control
- Outdated server software
Verifying with Chrome Extension
With $9.9 paid, you will deserve a Chrome extension called Version verify for Magento extension. It aids establish which Magento version is operating on the site and indicate if the version is out dated.
Yet, this extension was planned to verify the version on the wensite operating Magento Community edition only.
The extension is restricted for the following language: Bulgarian, catalan, Chinese(traditional), Chinese(simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Japanese,Malaysian, Swedish, Turkish…..
Verifying in Admin Dashboard
You can simply establish your present Magento version by the following steps:
- Log in to your Magento Admin Backend.
- Scroll to the base of the page in the Magento Admin Footer. The version number can be initiate in the center of the footer.
If your admin theme has been changed and you don’t see “Magento ver” in the footer, go to Magento Connect Manager in one of the following ways:
Or: System> Magento Connect>Magento Connect manager
seek “Mage_All_Latest” In the “Package Name” column and the number X.X.X.X is the version of your Magento.
Analyze What is the latest version of Magento
The Latest version of magento is always a gain in ways that you may not immediately notice. In the new version of Magento 1 and Magento 2, there are various exceptional new attributes that you cannot pass through without observing.
Magento 1 Community Edition 126.96.36.199
This version break the problems of both security and functional issues revealed when using the SUOEE-9767 patch. With Magento CE 188.8.131.52, you don’t need to install SUPEE or any other patches. Because SUPEE 9767 is already installed in Magento 184.108.40.206.
The following latest version of Magento 1 can :
- Modify validates from keys using five-steps checkout process. This will attach clients fail registration due to when form main authentication enabled.
- Exhibit the allow_symlinks in the Admin message.
- Conserve the background clarity of uploaded images.
- Employ checkout with Multiple Addresses.
- When you install or upgrade Magento 1 latest version , the symlinks option is disable.
Here are the collections of all Magento 1 EE official versions:
|Ø Magento EE version 220.127.116.11|
|Ø Magento EE version 18.104.22.168|
|Ø Magento EE version 22.214.171.124||Ø Magento EE version 126.96.36.199|
|Ø Magento EE version 188.8.131.52|
|Ø Magento EE version 184.108.40.206|
|Ø Magento EE version 220.127.116.11|
|Ø Magento EE version 18.104.22.168|
|Ø Magento EE version 22.214.171.124|
To modernize and follow the versions for Magento 1 EE release note, you can find more
Magento 2 Open source (Formerly Community Edition) 2.1.8
Magento Open source2.1.8 consists over 100 practical fixes and improvements as well as pull requests from the community. The following emphasize are:
- multiple improvements to static content organize and generated
- improvements to the indexing of huge catalogs, cache tuning and URL rewrites
- Decreasing in the amount of memory that mass actions need, and performance optimization
- Rapid deployments for multi-language sites
The following contains important improvements to your Magento software.
Magento 2 commerce (Formerly Enterprise Edition) 2.1.8
Magento 2 Commerce 2.1.8 has some related new features as Magento for Open Source 2.1.8 as it deals with all the critical issues happening in the last version and performance optimization which was launched.
To utilize the latest version for Magento 2 CE and EE is created on PHP and MySQL that you include in your Magento site.
The following collection of all magento 2 official versions:
|Magento version 2.1.8||Magento version 2.1.4|
|Magento version 2.1.7||Magentoversion 2.1.3|
|Magento version 2.1.6||Magento version 2.1.2|
|Magento version 2.1.5||Magento version 2.1.1|
Follow the new version of magento 2 release note, you can find more
How to modernize the Magento version?
Improving from Magento 1 to Magento 1
Before start modernize magento, we advice you the following steps:
- Enclose a current and clean backup, jointly a file and database backups so you can restore your data effortlessly if anything goes wrong.
- Verify the version release notes to see what changes have been ,ade
- Select a silent moment to modernize youtr Magento, especially when there is a s less traffic on your site as possible.
- Check an update on a staging environment to make sure all aspects of your shop are compatible with the latest version.
Modernize Magento version via Connect Manager
- Navigate System> choose on Magento Connect Manager in Magento Connect
- Switch to Setting tab, set stable on preferred state option
- Switch to Extension tab, type the following in to the extension key box:
Source code: Magento- core/YOUR-MAGENTO-CONNECT-URL-HERE
Validate and go live
- Open any pages in backend to validate the upgrade
- Delete maintenance flag file
- Navigate system >index Management to reindex all indexes
- Navigate System>Cache Management to enable all caches
Improving from Magento 2 to Magento 2(improving…)
Improving from Magento 1to Magento 2(improving…)
With the enhancement of Magento version, vendors business is being supported continuously and expediently. Not only consumers can easily access and purchase but also admin can manage their business easily.
Thus, we highly suggest shop owners to check and modernize the Magento version regularly to take the best result out of the platform. You can download Magento to keep up-to-date with the latest version.
Now you can check and analyze your Magento version and get results out of the platform.
Contact us to develop your Magento store with all 300+ front-end and back-end features today.