After witnessing major Magento 2.3.0 release in November 2018, we are all very anxious to get going with Magento 2.3.1!
The Magento geeks were waiting for Magento Open Source 2.3.1 and Magento Enterprise, and it’s out now on March 26, 2019.
It provides tools to increase the flexibility of page builder content editors and developers with security updates. It comes up with inventory and performance enhancements and many more.
Magento 2.3.1 Release NOTES
Magento 2.3.1 is now available with features like page builder, smart buttons and more enhancements empower the merchants and help them scale for growth.
The latest version comes with a lot of features that can be useful for the enhancement of store functionalities, customer experience and to make the admin tasks. They are:
- Introducing page builder tool in Magento commerce edition
- Enhance the order creation from the admin panel.
- Releasing Inventory Management with the support for Elasticsearch 6.0, Distance Priority Source Selection algorithm (SSA), and in-store pickup options.
- The Progressive Web Apps (PWA) Studio updates with full Venia B2C and B2B themes.
- Authorize.net extension, owing to the MD5 Hash End of Life & Signature Key Replacement facilities.
- B2B enhancements, improved performance, user-friendly admin, and ability to handle up to 3000 addresses on B2B customer accounts.
- Magento Global Shipping coverage to benefit both merchants and customers.
- GraphQL with the coverage of B2B APIs
- Updates the integrations with Dot mailer, Amazon Pay, Magento Shipping developments, and Vertex with a built-in click and collect functionalities.
- Amazon Sales through the Magento Sales and Advertising Channels system.
Page Builder tool is for the Magento Commerce 2.3.1
Zero codings to develop beautifully designed store pages.
- Includes the drag and drop content creation feature
- Check the live previews during the storefront design
- Form editors for easy data collection
- Content editors to offer updated and designed content
Enhance the security of Magento 2.3.1 store:
- 30 security functions
- Includes security patches to address the SQL injection vulnerability.
- Security to Remote Code Execution, arbitrary code execution, Cross-Site Scripting, and sensitive data disclosure vulnerabilities.
- Secure the Payflow Pro payment method against fraud actions.
- No infinite loading indicator regarding error while checkout.
- Functioning “Clear Shopping Cart” button not as in the previous version.
- No expired gift cards will be in the customer’s account.
- No more mini cart layout issues
- Counter values for the grid and accurate pagination shown in the Cart Price Rule page
New Features for Magento Shipping:
- “Cancel Shipment” We can cancel any shipment here.
- Access to the Magento Shipping portal is easy with this feature.
Not Magento 2.0 only but the merchants knew about the release of the following versions:
- Magento Commerce and Open Source 2.2.8 and 2.1.17
- Magento Open Source 22.214.171.124 with Magento SUPEE-11086.
- The Magento Commerce 126.96.36.199
Upgrading to Magento 2 ensures security and facilitates helpful features. However, the process is complex and hence this blog is presented to highlight Magento 2.
So the Magento 2.3.1 features offer you the most. Let me know by commenting below.