Magento 2 migration plan involves several steps to have a clear view of the whole migration process.
For a successful migration, creating an action Magento 2 migration plan is the mandate one. To avoid such migrated related issues, you need a well-crafted plan for Magento 2 migration.
STEPS INVOLVED IN MAGENTO 2 MIGRATION PLAN
Before setting go: Consider an upgrade
Magento 2 migration plan is a must-to opt to change for your site to get into the next level of development.
1 Step: Review extensions of Magento 1 site
- Ensure the extensions that been installed.
- Identify the extensions to be added to the new site.
- Examine whether the Magento 2 versions of previous site extensions available.
2 Step: Build A Magento 2 store for migration
With the use of topology and design. Now set up a Magento 2 hardware that least matches the existing Magento 1 system.
Install the Data Migration Tool on the site for Magento 2 installation.
In case, if you need to carry out some custom data migration, make a custom change to the Data Migration Tool code.
3 Step: Dry run
We recommend following the below steps in migration testing:
- Make a replica of the Magento 1 store to a staging server
- Now migrate that replicated Magento 1 site to Magento 2 site
- Test the new store to the fullest
4 Step: Start the migration
Make sure to connect the Magento 1 and Magento 2 databases with the Data Migration Tool with the network.
- Open the corresponding ports in your firewall.
Except for the order management elements like shipping, creating invoices, credit memos. And also all activities in the Magento 1 Admin Panel and Cron jobs.
- To migrate the site settings and websites, use the Data Migration Tool.
Most of the store data is quite bulky, so use the Data migration Tool to copy the data from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
5 Step: Customize the migrated data
6 Step: Update incremental data
The site requires capturing incremental data updates after migrating the whole site data. Such as reviews, new orders, and changes in customer profiles are the data to update in a new site.
Now transfer these updates to the Magento 2 store using the Delta mode.
Press Ctrl+C at any time to update the transfer in the migration process. But the update will run even during the incremental migration.
At the same time, the system allows finding any issues while testing Magento 2 site.
7 Step: Go live
- Try to run the Magento 1 system in maintenance mode.
- Stop the incremental updates by pressing Ctrl+C in the migration tool command window.
- Now start the Magento 2 Cron jobs.
- Refer to the Configuration guide to re-index the stock indexer in your Magento 2 system.
- Cache pages in advance of storefront using customers using any tool of your choice.
- Carry any last-minute verification of the Magento 2 site.
- Yes, now the new Magento 2 store is all set to go. Thus, the only thing you and your customers need to do is to resume all the activities with the site.
In Webnexs, we do have a clear Magento 2 migration plan.
Also, if you’re planning to build an eCommerce site, then we’d help you to get started in a few days. Inquire today.