Besides, the data that you’re migrating during Magento 2 migration is important.DATA CATEGORY
There are four kinds of data that need to migrate during Magento 2 migration:
- Storefront design
- Admin user account
- Access Control Lists(ACLs)
This tool helps in data transfer important data of the Magento 2 migration and also do some other process such as:
Tracking the data transfer progress
Runs data verification tests, and
Verifies consistency between Magento 1 and 2 database structures (tables and fields).
TYPES OF DATA: Magento 2 migration
With this Data Migration Tool we can migrate the following data, they are:
- Custom fields
- Customer reviews
- Shipping cart rules
- Search terms
All the product-related data including Product name, Product information, Description, Quantity, Weight.
One can migrate the Tax class, Special price data to the new Magento version.
- If any more fields required, we should have it created.
- Product images mean all the product images and site images came from the Magento 1 to Magento 2.
- Multi-store data is quite difficult to migrate, as their data are huge. While all product data from the store view have different titles and descriptions.
- Hence, you can map the data using store ID in case of source and target install not matched.
Product tags are a collection of data with the related variants together to form a product.
- Attribute sets are the collection of attributes related to the store’s products. It will transfer all the attribute sets from the source to the target.
One can move all the store views and attributed values from the older version to the new one.
Some extensions even have built-in mapping tools to map old store ID to new store ID from the source install.
- Category data consists of all data in the category page and all store view data. It also includes category metadata, Category description, and related settings.
The tool will transfer the images to the category assigned in Magento admin.
First and Last name
Date of birth
Shipping and Billing address
- Order details include the track from the search term to the order placement details.
It combines the customer data, Billing and Shipping Address, Currency, Order, etc.
- Example: Product name, Price, Quantity of each product in an order. List of product in an order
- URLs data will redirect all the old Source Store Products, Category page URLs in the Magento site.
- All this effort is to keep your SEO ranking up for many years.
- Support migrating custom fields of products and customers
- Support migrating reviews of customers.
Tax details include Name, Value(percent value in default currency), and created Date.
SHOPPING CART DETAILS
- Shopping cart details migrate all the cart related details. And shopping cart rules from the source and target version.
Search terms data are the search data of each online shoppers in their eCommerce store.
So it is important to move the search term data to the target version to enhance the accessibility.
- All the list of currencies and their currency conversion rates.
These are the data types that you can migrate during Magento 2 migration. Yes, it’s high time to move your site Product, Order, Customer data to Magento 2x. It is not easy to migrate the whole site with one click like on WordPress.
Thus, it’s not possible to migrate a Magento 1 site without having a piece of prior knowledge. So consulting Magento 2 migration service provider is the right choice for any seekers.
Related blogs: 1. How coronavirus impact the eCommerce industry/store? 2. Types of data that can be migrated during Magento migration 3. What is the need of migrating Magento 1 to Magento 2? 4. 5 useful tips for successful Magento 2 migration 5. Everything about Magento 2 Store View, Website and Multi-Store