Let’s have a look at the various options to deploy Magento on AWS in this blog.
Here we go!!!
Magento is a powerful online platform built on open source technology. It also provides online vendors with a flexible shopping cart system, control over content and functionality of the online store. It provides a powerful marketing, catalog management tools, and search engine optimization.
As per the Magento customer and market share report, this famous Content Management System (CMS), presently powers nearly 1M websites. Magento is quite easy to understand, professional and absolutely free.
To be staying more competitive in this eCommerce market, merchants should be aware of why Magento is the best platform for their e-commerce website, they should know the basic architecture of Magento on AWS and their components and why AWS is preferred over other traditional hosting methods.
Important to have knowledge on Steps to deploy Magento on AWS and why cloud ways for AWS hosting?
Benefits of Magento over the other platforms:
It’s SEO friendly content management system and has a tonne of SEO features.
Magento is the fastest e-Commerce store, also known for its power in a fast loading web page.
Secure and reliable:
Magento as an e-Commerce platform is reliable, very fast, up-to-date, secure and has no errors.
Magento on AWS
It is one of the vital platforms wildly used in eCommerce websites. AWS plays a vital role in establishing the right infrastructure so that Magento is deployed properly and cost-effective on the AWS cloud.
Basic Magento on AWS
The major components are:
EC2: for starting the virtual machines and code deployments
RDS: for database deployments
S3 Bucket : for all media deployments
Elasticache: Provides Redis and Memcached databases so one of them may be used depending on the requirements
Cloud front: It ensures the static assets of the website that delivers to the end-user faster.
Licenses and cost
Magento is an e-commerce platform which can be automatically and easily deployed in a configuration.
Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud):
This service helps you in starting virtual machine instances using a wide range of operating systems. It is very easy for any to select from the range of current Amazon Machine Images.
Amazon VPC (Amazon Virtual Private Cloud):
This service allows you to get a private AWS cloud section and isolation that lets individuals launch AWS services along with resources in a safe virtual network which they need to set up. Individuals get complete control over the virtual network zone that they set up like selecting the IP address of their own & setting its range, creation of configuring route tables, subnet as well as the network gateways.
Auto-scaling is used in order to operate the fleet at high utilization by speeding up the current capacity at demand spikes and also reducing capacity at downtimes.
- Amazon Identity and Access management
- Elastic File System (Amazon-EFS)
- Amazon Relational database service
With the above-mentioned components/ environments in AWS, we now know how to get Magento into AWS. You should have the best platform with the superior infrastructures to host the Magento store.
OPTIONS to Deploy Magento on AWS
In order to build your Magento environment on AWS, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions in the deployment guide.
The Deployment process includes the 3 steps:
- If you do not already have an AWS account, you can sign up and create one.
- Upload the Magento software developed by your team.
- Now, launch the Quick-Start. Every deployment takes around 45-60 minutes.
You can choose from these following two options:
- Deploy into new VPC
- Deploy into your existing VPC
- You can test the deployment by connecting to the Magento stack, access the Magento Admin Panel and also the MySQL connectivity.
The Deployment process customization by configuring the database, Magento, Amazon ElastiCache settings and also personalizing the CIDR block sizes.
Guidelines to install Magento on AWS:
- When you start with the installation of Magento on AWS, you just need to click on the ‘Start Free’ button in the top right corner of the page.
- In the next screen where you have to provide your email address with other details and set the password for your login.
- Once completed, you have to choose the Magento version of your choice. Now you can set the server name, project name and also application name.
- Then, you need to choose Amazon Web Services (AWS) from the list of cloud infrastructure.
- Now, you need to select the server size as per your need and traffic of the site.
- Choose your Amazon Web Server based on your requirements.
- The next step is to choose the storage size for the application and database files.
- The last step is to choose the data center that is close to your location from the menu.
That’s all! Now, you can hit the ‘’Launch Server’’ button of the screen and wait for a little time. Your fully functional Magento on AWS is ready now.
In this blog, I have tried to cover all the basics of various options to deploy Magento to AWS. However, if you need some clarifications and want to create your first Magento website, you can contact a renowned and globally a well-reputed Magento development company that’s Webnexs.