Let’s discuss the best eCommerce platforms for small business owners and startups in this blog.
Like many other small business owners, you’ve probably considered selling your products or services online. And why wouldn’t you? Deciding to start an eCommerce business is a great way to expand your customer reach and increase brand awareness.
Many surveys predict an increase in worldwide eCommerce sales from $3.2 trillion in 2020 to $8.5 trillion in 2025.
To start selling online, you’ll need an eCommerce platform for your small business. An eCommerce platform is a software application that allows an online business to manage its website, sales, and operations.
Best Ecommerce Platforms For Small Businesses in 2022
To help you decide, we’ll compare the best eCommerce platform on the market that suits the small business. These platforms are the best eCommerce platforms according to many user opinions.
With more than 100 eCommerce platforms, it can take some time to find the right one for your small eCommerce business.
Magento – The best among ecommerce platforms
Magento is the popular eCommerce platform used by small to big business retailers. More than 250,000 merchants around the globe use Magento as their eCommerce platform.
Benefits of Magento
- Good user experience which is easy to use as well as manage
- Since it is an open-source platform is open to all sorts of customization
- 9000+ plug-in/extensions to scale your business
- Free social eCommerce extensions help you to sell on social media platforms
- Extensive resource library for store management and online community of store owners.
With almost one-fourth of the market share, Magento leads the market for more than years. For its scalability, many companies use Magento as the underlying eCommerce technology. Thus, the Magento platform is the best in building enterprise-level eCommerce online stores.
Shopify – An ideal eCommerce solution
Shopify remains the ideal eCommerce solution for beginners with conventional requirements. The platform offers you to choose different packages according to your budgets. But, if you have any unique design ideas for your online store, better find some other platforms.
With over 325,000 active users, Shopify tops the list in mobile shopping and social eCommerce. The platform continues to fulfill the necessary requirements of online stores.
Benefits of Shopify
- It provides over 100 store templates and themes to choose from
- 1500+ apps, plug-ins/extensions to extend the store’s functionality
- Option to connect your store with your Facebook page and sell on it
- Built-in the friendly shopping cart and seller mobile apps are becoming the advantage. Also, the platform enables to connect store owners with developers for post-development support.
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone, and tutorials as well as the Shopify community forum
Moreover, Shopify has its own coding language called ‘Liquid’. So any type of customization in the system will come with some more expense.
PrestaShop – New age online business platform
This is an open-source PHP-based eCommerce platform that comes with an Open License. PrestaShop is used by more than 250,000 shops universally. It utilizes a smarty template engine for PHP. Its easy customization and many payment gateways are the major benefits of Prestashop.
PrestaShop is more suitable for the small and medium scale. It has some convenient in-built attributes like statics, membership, and shipping tracking. Cloud technology and open-source integration create PrestaShop a robust eCommerce solution.
Benefits of Prestashop
- Custom store design with Themes
- Friendly’ URL structure
- Integrates with any payment provider through modules
- Automated follow-up emails
- Unlimited carriers and destinations to fine-tune your shipping options
- Secure admin
or any other issues related to Prestashop, you can refer it from here.
Bigcommerce – a leading ecommerce software
Launched in 2009, BigCommerce is currently hosting over 55,000+ online stores. It is one of the leading eCommerce software providers in the market. The platform creates a website for all types of stores.
While considering the detailed list of built-in features, it provides in the niche. BigCommerce is always best for the people who are not from a technical background.
Benefits of Bigcommerce
- Extensive built-in features including newsletters, coupons, shipping, tax, analytics, and more
- Unlike Shopify, BigCommerce charges no transaction fee
- All free and paid themes are responsive and offer a smooth mobile experience
- Integrate your store with Facebook, eBay shopping and a range of comparison sites
- Powerful support with the helpful setup wizard for extensive guides with visual representations
One little disappointment with BigCommerce is, it lacks free themes. At present, BigCommerce is currently offering 7 themes for stunning looks. While most of their market competitors are offering more than 20+ free themes.
Anyhow, the platform has a list of premium themes and also allows you to customize these themes. If you need to give your store a unique look and style.