Advanced EU Compliance
New to Prestashop 18.104.22.168
The advanced EU Compliance section newly helped traders to persuade their stores with more restrictive EU regulations.
This is should-have section for European supplies.
Most of its choices are determined to offer more transparency to the final clients, with:
- Additional detailed price labels (price, tax, shipping rates and delays, product weight etc)
- Advanced checkout page
- Legal content link for emails
All of its options will not be useful in all the countries, but they will all be more respectful in your store according to European e-commerce laws.
The default settings are the urged settings; you can use enable or disable options when you see fit
Assure to translate every text fields in all available languages.
- Estimated delivery times tamp (available items): Indicates the estimated delivery time for your in-stock products. To disable the option, leave the field empty. Default text “Presentation: 1 to 3 weeks”.
- Supposed delivery time stamp (out-of-stock items): Specifies the timeout period for the items in your outbound. Simply leave the field to disable. Default text “Delivery: 3 to 6 weeks”.
- ‘Before’ base price Label: When a product is in the sales, the base price is displayed with a ‘before’ label.
- Tax ‘INC./excl.’ Label: Displays whether the price is next to the price of the product (‘Tax Inserted / Excluded’ label).
- Shipping charges ‘inc./excl.’ Label: Displays whether shipping charges are included, next to the product price (‘Shipping fee is included / excluded’).
Once it enabled, “Shipping and Payment” option is associated with the CMS page in the “Legal Content Management” section, and further down in the configuration screen. The label will be connected to the following content.
- Product weight label: A product weight (when the information is available and the product weights more than 1 kg).
- Product weight accuracy: The product weight display (eg: 1 kg / 1.01 kg) is used to select the exact size. The value cannot be negative.
- Cancellation Terms within the ToS: Holds the content from the “Cancellation Terms” within the Terms of Service (ToS). Once allowed, assure that the “revocation Terms” option is associated with the CMS page in the “Legal Content Management” section, and drop down the Configuration screen. The label will be linked to this content.
- Revocation for virtual production: Adding a compelling check box when a cart includes a virtual product. Use it to make sure customers cannot get a virtual product back.
- ‘From’ price label (when the combinations): Products “From” the label will be displayed before the product prices. Since the price changes from one mix to another price, this label indicates that the final price may be higher.
- Top shopping cart text: Adding the custom text above shopping cart synopsis.
- Bottom shopping cart text: The shopping cart will add custom text at the bottom
- Enable ‘Tell a Friend’ feature: If enabled, “Send to Friend” module that allows customers to send email to a friend page with a product page.
This preference assures that you confirm your local legislation before its implemented: Emails sent by this feature are considered unsolicited commercial emails.
- Enable ‘Reordering’ feature: If enabled, the “Reorder” option allows customers to reorder one click from their Order History page.
This option ensures that you comply with your local legislation before it can be implemented: it may be considered unwanted.
- Enable an “Advanced Checkout Page”: The standard checkout process will be more legally (EU of course) with a change in compliance. This option only works with the default-bootstrap template or any other compatible templates and compliant payment methods (many modules already adapted).
Once it’s permitted, the proceed checkout Page shows you the following sections: Payment Methods, Address synopsis, ToS Agreement, Card Summary and “Order to Pay for Order”button.
- Proportional tax on shipping and wrapping:Rather of appointing a tax rules group to carriages and prize wagers, the average line of cart products is used to reward gift counting and shipping lines. It is very useful in Germany.
Once permitted, the shipping and loading costs will be calculated according to the tax rate applicable to the interest rate.
As a result, the customer means that a “with tax” price at the starting of renewal will be available, and calculate all along the checkout process with shipping and wrap lines and have your margin.
Legal Content Management
Many options for this module have to do with “know” of what some CMS pages are. If you don’t need any page for the needed page, you should create them.
Email content inclusion
By this interface, you can choose the below documentation for any standard emails sent to the store – for example, the “Terms and Conditions” section of your store may include text content under all the products below.
Content is choosed from the settings in the “Legal Content Management” section o this module. If there no choice is set, you cannot select content to be sent.
Cron tasks manager
This module gives you the Cron-like tool: Creating jobs that can be call a set of secure URLs to your prestashop store, which can trigger updates and other automated tasks.
CSV Export for Newspapers
This module was created to export CSV file of the email addresses that your customers registered with your computer.
Your customers can verify your email addresses within the newsletter module on the homepage or by verifying the “Yes” box to subscribe to the newsletter when register. You need to have these emails to do some marketing.
After registering, your customers will have two choices related to newsletter: the first one to pledge to the newsletter second will receive offers from your partners.(Opt-In).
Export Newsletter Subscribers
This first part allows you export all of the email addresses from the newsletter block on your homepage. After clicking on “Export CSV File” button, a notification appears, then click on the link to download the file in the addresses.
This file contains four pieces of information: customer ID, email address, registration day, and IP address. If you use this data with the software like Microsoft Excel, you can sort the information as you want.
This second part allows you to filter your customers’ email addresses before exporting a CVS file to their data. For example, if you filter by country it will be useful for sending newsletters in the right language and acclimatize your offers.
Therefore, when you export an email addresses, you will get additional information. Use the “Newsletter Subscribers” checkbox to select one of the following 3 items:
- All customers: It helps you to choose all the email addresses of customers who open the account in your store. It means, those who want to get information from your area or do not. Be careful of what you have done.
- Subscribers: It helps you select only those clients who want to get a newsletter from you.
- Non-Subscribers: It assists you select only those clients who do not require a newsletter from you.
Next, the “Opted-in Subscribers” selector, where you can easily filter the contacts based on what you like to post messages from advertisers. Similarly, there are three choices:
- All customers: It helps you choose all the email addresses of customers who open the account in your store. That is, both people who do not want to get information from your area and do not want to.
- Subscribers: It helps you choose only those clients who get a newsletter from your partners.
- Non-Subscribers: It assists you select only those clients who do not need a newsletter from your partners.
Once you have filtered email addresses to export, press an “Export CSV File” button to recover all addresses. The notification will be showed by clicking on the file and downloading it. There are 6 types of information in this file: Customer ID, last name, first name, email address, IP address and registration date. You can use this information to send in your marketing campaigns
This module is very much useful when you first review the prestashop for the first time, and you are ready to add your own content: you must delete all demo data installed along with the prestashop: Products, Sections, Clients, Orders, etc.
There are three sections on the configuration page:
- Catalog: This will erase all the data in the current table and will destroy the items you’ve added. Check the checkbox and click “Delete List” button to begin the process.
- Orders and Customers: This also destroys the registered orders and clients, even those who are created you. Analyse the checkbox and click “Delete List” button to start the process.
- Functional Integrity Constraints: It will check your database and try to fix either or not to set everything up.
- Clean Database: It assist to reduce storage space and enhance disk effectiveness.
Be very careful: Any action sparked by clicking on one of these buttons is permanent. At First, you need to get a new backup of your database.
Prestashop allows you to alert you and your customers by the email in definite cases:
- Your customers: The product is out of stock
- You: when a present order is placed in your store.
- You: when a products stock is lower a certain limit.
- You: when products coverage is under a exact number of days
Here is only one setting in this part
- Product Availability: When you allow this setting, a field shows the product page of your store when the product is out of stock. It ask your clients to leave their contact information so that they may be contacted when you shop will have this product back in stock.
There are several settings for merchants:
New order: Permit this setting if you want to alert about each new order
Out of stock: Permit this setting and set the “Threshold” field with the rate at which you want to alert (default is 3).
Coverage warning: Allow this setting and set the “Coverage field with the value at which you want to make alert (default is 0).
Merchant mail alerts can be sent to multiple mail addresses at the same time. To do this, list each email address (an email address to the line) that receives an email.
This module permits you to fix your prestashop store with your Google Analytics account.
At First, you should select the API version you desire to use:
- The 1.3 version will want you to enter your Google Analytics e-mail, password and profile.
- The 3.0 version will want you to enter your Google Analytics Client ID, Client Secret and profile.
We suggest the 3.0 one, as the 1.3 one is denounced. In order to have the 3.0 version work, you should allow the OAuth access by the following instructions:
This module allows you to add a watermark to all product images in your store. This will obligate their circulation on the internet and confidently prevent people from stealing them.
If your products are engaged to be exported to Google Shopping, this service does not allow advertising text / logos and watermarks in the images. You can only upload any extra watermarks / logos for free. Learn more about Google Shopping Policy here:
The Setup page brief you of the details of which settings are currently missing.
- Watermark file: The selected image compulsory be in GIF format.
- Watermark transparency (0-100): A transparent image is 100 Amount, which means that your logo is very visible, but it will absolutely cover the entire picture part. The default system, 60, is normally a good compromise.
- Watermark X aligns: Choose the horizontal axis where your watermark will appear in your photos.
- Watermark Y Advance: Choose where your watermark should appear on each image of your pictures on the vertical axis.
- Choose image types for watermark protection: Type of the images that is used in Watermark You really needs to make a large selection because it’s much stolen.
Once you have save your settings, the set up is finished, but Watermarks are not yet contained in your store’s pictures. Just go to “Preferences” menu and open an “images” page. Under the page, click the “Regenerate Thumbnails” button. Prestashop will activate all your images that are locally selected, and your Watermark image will appear in the categories you selected.
This module is specifically designed to monitor the development of prestashop users as e-traders, see how they have grown and advanced in days, months, and years. It is installed by default.
This module contains a system of badges and points, which is divided into three levels, all integrated in to your success in the e-commerce world:
Features: Watch your use of key e-commerce features such as Site Performance, Catalog Size, Employees and SEO.
Achievements: Watch your conclusion of particular key e-commerce objectives such as number of Customers, Orders and Revenue.
International: The US checks your presence in major international markets such as the Americas, Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa and Maghreb.
The more progress your store gets, the more badges and points you earn. There is no need to submit any information or complete out any forms. We know how busy you are; everything is done necessarily. Use this tool to make your business, analyze your progress and imitate on your great success.
This module allows the NVD3 charting code for your own uses, offering you with ever so useful diagrams.
The On-Boarding module is a new cheerful interface, showing how to start its stores in a number of simple ways.
Simple HTML table display
Allow statistics setting to show data in a lattice.