If you are searching for Nodejs vs Python in application development, they might be looking for various questions like:
- Which programming language suitable for my upcoming web app development project?
- Which programming language reduces the developmental cost?
- Is it suitable for the specific business sector?
- Which programming language is suitable for small business or large scale business?
- Which programming language is a high performing, secure, and efficient?
The selection of the programming language for a project is one of the tedious issues is been faced by many businessmen for their application development project.
The programming language like Nodejs and Python plays a predominant role in determining many crucial flows and procedures in application development, so, it is important to make the right choice right here.
Nodejs and Python are two globally established solutions for server-side application development. With either platform, developers can develop and manage web apps of any functional complexity. In the end, one should be aware of the following aspects such as the advantages, limitations, cases, and types of applications for server-side application development using Nodejs and Python.
Nodejs vs Python: What’s the difference?
What is Nodejs?
Features of Nodejs
- It uses a single-threaded event-based model.
- With its event looping event mechanism, it helps the server to respond in a non-blocking way.
- Nodejs applications don’t deal with buffering the output data in pieces.
Advantages of Nodejs
Fast server-side solution
Nodejs supports single-thread, event-based architecture, and non-blocking I/O allows for maximizing the usage of a single CPU and computer memory, making servers faster and more productive and efficient than ever. The event-driven architecture based on asynchronous calls allows Nodejs servers to process more concurrent requests than most conventional multi-threaded servers.
Nodejs has a standard library that provides modules that support high scalability. The applications which are been built with this technology can scale easily and enables your applications to function fully.
What is Python?
Python is an object-oriented, highly dynamic, and multi-purpose programming language. It is an ideal language for scripting with interpreted features of its syntax and dynamic typing ability.
It supports multiple programming patterns, including object-oriented programming, functional programming. Hence, it is the most preferred language for artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Features of Python
- Allows low-level modules inclusion to the Python interpreter.
- Allows programmers to add or customize their tools using specific modules.
- Provide interfaces to all major commercial databases are been powered by its interfaces.
- Supports functional, structured programming, and object-oriented programming methods.
- It offers high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
Advantages of Python
Ease to use
Python has an extensive syntax that helps to maintain and enhance your applications. Python is easy to learn, which allows expert developers to quickly get into a Python project and bring their experience in other programming languages to the table.
Rich standard library
The rich standard library for server-side development is one of the main advantages of Python in comparison to other server-side languages.
Error handling and debugging
It takes very little time to handle errors in Python and also great in debugging when compared to other programming languages.
The following points show the comparison between Nodejs and Python:
|Its is suitable for asynchronous programming
|Its is not the best option for asynchronous programming
|Can maintain and handle multiple or large volumes of customer data
|Pyrealtime simplifies the development of real-time applications
|Used of server-side scripting
|Used for desktop and web programming
|Memory related activities
|Can perform memory extensive activities
|Not suitable for such kind of memory-related activities
|Types of interpreters
|It uses PyPy interpreter
Nodejs has superb performance and speeds acts as the perfect solution for developing real-time applications with messaging or chatting features. It is also useful in building heavy-load applications, content management solutions, multi-vendor marketplaces, e-commerce, and other applications largely depending on the speed of processing.